The Center for Near East Policy Research invites you to a public presentation:
With Renewal of UNRWA mandate: How to truly help 5 million Arab refugees?
Wednesday November 13, 2019
2:30pm to 4:00pm
Rayburn House Office Building, The Gold Room, 2168
On November 15, the mandate of The United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA), will be renewed at the UN. Since 1949, UNRWA has run 59 “temporary” refugee camps for approximately five million descendants of Arab refugees from the 1948 war, in Jordan, Syria, Gaza, the West Bank and Jerusalem.
The Center for Near East Policy Research, CFNEPR, will unveil its latest documentary, filmed on location in October at UNRWA’s schools in Bethlehem, and present groundbreaking findings on UNRWA’s extremist textbooks and provide a formula to resettle Arab refugees and… remove a roadblock to peace.
The presentation will address vital questions:
- Under what conditions will the UNRWA mandate be renewed?
- Where is U.S. policy on conditions for UNRWA’s mandate renewal?
- Will UNRWA continue to confine Palestinian “refugees” to another 70 years of refugee life?
- David Bedein, CFNEPR Director, investigative journalist and expert on UNRWA
- Dr. Arnon Groiss, retired deputy director of Israel’s Arabic language radio service and leading expert on Palestinian Authority textbooks
Congressional staff may reply to RSVP@cfnepr.com or present staff ID at the door.
Media inquiries can also be directed to RSVP@cfnepr.com.
THE CENTER FOR NEAR EAST POLICY RESEARCH