It was good to see you this week, following lectures that our agency, which focuses its energies on UNRWA (1), provided for the public concerning UNRWA policies (2).
Many thanks for taking the time to meet.
To review the items which we brought to your attention:
- A memo on UNRWA stationery, distributed to UNRWA donor nations, asserts that UNRWA now engages in reform of UNRWA education. This memo appears on the web site of the Israel Civil Administration. (3) However, UNRWA never issued any such memo. Please look into who may have forged the letterhead of UNRWA for distribution.
- UNRWA has hired a high powered political PR firm – Marathon Strategies. (4) Who authorized the budget for UNRWA to hire them ? Is it appropriate to hire a PR firm to handle communications of a UN relief agency which proclaims that it is debt-ridden?
- We presented you with the current UNRWA curriculum (5), whose theme is the indoctrination of a half million students with denigration, demonization, delegitimization and war against a member state of the UN. How can a UN agency absorb textbooks which defy the UN slogan that “peace starts here”?
- The U.S. State department now demands that Congress not disclose the GAO report on the UNRWA curriculum and UNRWA operation (6). Please find out: why does the State Department not want the disclosure of UNRWA education?
- We shared our latest commissioned study which documents continued Hamas control of the UNRWA workers union and the UNRWA teachers union. (7) Since Hamas is a designated FTO (8), why is there no demand that UNRWA fire any workers or teachers who are declared members of Hamas?
- We are pleased to report to you that a Knesset Lobby for UNRWA Reform has been formed (9). It will conduct a public forum amongst all agencies which aid UNRWA, to discuss ways to ensure the efficient distribution of humanitarian aid, so as to prevent funds and supplies from being stolen or siphoned for terrorist operations by UNRWA personnel who are themselves members of terror groups. Would Ambassador Haley be interested in attending this forum or sending a delegate?
(5) http://israelbehindthenews.com/full-study-school-books-now-used-unrwa-palestinian-authority/16438/ AND http://israelbehindthenews.com/israel-jews-peace-new-pa-textbooks-used-unrwa-schools-today-final-study/16903/