Jerusalem – The Israeli Intelligence Counter-Terrorism Bureau has issued an unprecedented warning to Israelis traveling outside of Israel to be on heightened alert against possible Hezbollah attacks or kidnappings of Israelis throughout the world:
Israeli intelligence is asking residents of Israel now on vacation to take the following precautionary measures:
1. Heighten awareness and sensitivity toward any unusual circumstances or phenomena.
2. Turn down unexpected and alluring proposals in both business and recreation.
3. Avoid allowing entrance to your hotel room or apartment by unexpected or suspicious visitors.
4. Avoid staying at secluded locations, especially during hours of darkness.
5. Insist on being accompanied by someone you trust when attending business meetings or while at recreation.
6. Alter your routine and habits occasionally, if on a prolonged stay in one place: Switch hotels, travel routes, restaurants and recreational spots.
David Bedein can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. His Web site is www.IsraelBehindTheNews.com.
©The Bulletin 2008