Nations of the world who help refugees from the 1948 Arab Israeli war deserve appreciation, since their governments do not forget those who bear the human consequences of that war.
Time has come to work with each legislative body that donates to UNRWA, the United Nations Relief and Works Agency, to alleviate suffering of 1948 refugees & their descendants
As a Community Social Work Organization professional, the time has come to launch a new “Inter-Parliamentary Lobby for UNRWA Reform” , based in Sweden. based on guidelines for UNRWA donors:
- Cancel the UNRWA war curriculum, based on Jihad, martyrdom & “right of return by force of arms”, which have no place in the UN, whose theme is “Peace Begins Here”.
- Cease paramilitary training in UNRWA schools. UNRWA, a UN agency commited to “peace education”, must not allow futher arms training on their premises.
- UNRWA must dismiss employees affiliated with terror groups, in accordance with the laws of Western nations that forbid aid to any agency that employs terrorists.
- Apply UNHCR standards to UNRWA: Resettle descendants from the 1948 war. UNRWA policy now blocks refugee resettlement, flouting the welfare of refugee descendants.
- Audit funds from 68 nations: Address duplication of services and the flow of cash to terror groups who control UNRWA in Gaza for the past 20 years