Video clip of Tzippy Shlissel’s arrest:

The story of two Hebron women

Hebron has been relatively quiet today. The police, although still present, have lowered their visibility profile and are not, at present, marching through the Avraham Avinu neighborhood en masse, as they had been doing all week. However, yesterday several people were brutally arrested, including Mrs. Tzippy Shlissel, mother of 10, daughter of Rabbi Shlomo Ra’anan, murdered in Hebron over 7 years ago.

According to eyewitnesses, Tzippy Shlissel was standing outside her home in the Mitzpe Shalhevet neighborhood (scheduled to be destroyed before the 15th of February, reciting Psalms for the sake of Hebron. (An important Rabbi has instructed to repeat Psalm 109 nine times daily.) Seeing someone she knew come into the neighborhood, she stopped and walked over to say hello.

At this point, four policemen ran over to her, jumped on her and threw her to the ground, where they continued to hit her. A police jeep drove over to where she was lying on the ground, and the policemen picked her up and threw her inside, on top of another policeman, sitting there. They then slammed the door closed on her leg and sped away.

Mrs. Shlissel was taken to the police station, where she was interrogated about ‘crimes’ committed two weeks earlier, when massive forces arrived in the neighbor to issued expulsion orders to residents of the Mitzpe Shalhevet neighborhood. According to Tzippy, they blame her for ‘everything in the book,’ which she, of course, denied.

After a couple of hours she was released and allowed to go home.

A second Hebron woman has been less fortunate.

On Wednesday morning, Mrs. Deli Landau, mother of 11, drove from Hebron to Kiryat Arba with a number of children in her car. At the entrance to Kiryat Arba a policeman stopped the car and asked her if she was from Hebron. When she replied positively, he demanded to see her identification card. She responded, ‘if you only demand IDs from people in Hebron, your purposes are political’ and continued driving into the community. A couple of minutes later a police van, following her, called on her to stop and park. Police then started yelling at her that she had tried to run down a police officer, a charge which she vehemently denied.

The policeman, looking into her car, demanded that two of her older children, Yedidya, 18 and Ditza, 17, identify themselves. When they refused, they were arrested. Deli was then taken to the Kiryat Arba police station and interrogated, charged with: attacking a police officer (reduced from the initial charge of attempting to run him over), for trying to pour water on police issuing expulsion orders two weeks earlier, and for rioting.

The police then officially arrested her and sent her, together with her year and a half old infant son Yehuda Tzvi (who is sick with spastic bronchitis) to the Neve Tirza women’s prison, where she spent the night. The police conveniently forgot to provide her with food, both for her and for her baby, all day.

The next day Deli was taken to court, where the prosecutor, claiming that she is ‘dangerous’ and ‘a threat’ be held in prison until the conclusion of all proceedings against her. At the last minute the judge agreed to allow her to remain under house arrest at her parent’s home in Jerusalem until Tuesday, when a final decision will be issued as to whether she will be remanded in prison.

It should be noted that Deli Landau, a Hebron resident for 21 years, hasn’t any criminal record, and is a profession medic who travels with almost all Hebron women by ambulance to Jerusalem when they are in labor before they give birth.

The story of two 16 year old boys

Thursday January 12: The two are brutally arrested in Hebron. AA (an expellee from Gusk Katif) is kicked in his face and between his legs and gas is sprayed into his face. A second boy, AR was hit all over his body, especially punched in the stomach.

Thursday night-Friday morning: The police deny that the 2 are in jail, replying negatively to lawyers from the Honenu organization.

Friday, January 13: The police tardily notify that a hearing will take place in the Jerusalem Shalom court. Their demand: that they be held until conclusion of all proceedings against them. Decision: To remand them in prison until Sunday.

Sunday, January 15: The two are indicted for “rioting,” for “a serious attempt to injure a policeman and soldiers” (by throwing eggs at them) and for illegal carrying of a knife. (They had no knife, rather a screwdriver.) Decision: to delay a decision for a day.

Monday, January 16: Decision: They are forbidden to be in all of Judea and Samaria for A YEAR, excepting one boy’s home and the yeshiva where they study and a deposit of 5,000 shekels cash, another 5,000 shekels personal bond and 5,000 shekels bond from their parents (for each boy). The prosecutor demands a delay in the boy’s release in order to appeal. The demand is accepted and the boys remain in jail.

Tuesday, January 17: Hearing at regional appeals court. The judge requests that a representative of the boy’s yeshivas appear the next day. They remain in jail.

Wednesday, January 18: The hearing is delayed until Thursday

Thursday, January 19: Hearing in presence of the boy’s parents and yeshiva deans. The judge ‘has to get her car out of the garage’ so a decision is postponed until Friday.

Friday, January 20: Decision: The bond is raised: 25,000 shekels from the parents and 25,000 shekels from the yeshiva deans. Also, traveling between the yeshiva and the boy’s home only when accompanied by the parents, for a year. The prosecutor demands that the boys not be released until he decides whether or not to appeal. The demand is granted. The boys are sent back to jail for another 24 hours, until a decision is made.

Note: The boys involved have no criminal record, their guilt hasn’t been proven they are still only ‘suspects!”