The president, in his message at the Adas Israel synagogue , pronounced platitudes – without policy follow up – when he stated that he hoped that he would see ”Israel and Palestine, living side by side in peace and security” and “two states for two peoples”, comparing the Israelis built a state in their homeland, Palestinians have a right to be a free people on their land, while invoking “a Palestinian child in Ramallah that feels trapped without opportunity”.
There were 6 points of Palestinian reality that President Obama ignored :
- ThePalestineLiberation Organization (PLO) charter of war to destroy Israel remains unchanged.
- Although in 1993 the PLO signed the Oslo ”Declaration of Principles” with Israel, with an explicit promise to recognize Israel, denounce terrorism and cancel its charter to destroy Israel, the PLO never cancelled its charter and never ratified, or met, the ”Declaration of Principles.”
- The PLO and the PA – one and the same – support policies to keep descendants of Arab refugees from the 1948 Israel Independence War in UNRWA “refugee camps”, promising them the “right of return” to villages that existed before 1948.That means making a promise to the “refugee camps” dwellers they could never keep.
- The PA has established a new school system, funded by the West, to promote Jihad ”values,”, martyrdom, and the right to liberatePalestine, all ofPalestine, by force of arms.
- By financing Israel “Apartheid Week” and the BDS (Boycott, Divest, Sanction Israel) movement, the PA exports these “values” around the world, especially to Western countries’ campuses.
- The PA has fostered a ”killer incentive program” to pay those who murder Jews.
President Obama, could have conditioned peace with the PLO/ PA on the following policy follow-up:
- Cancellation of the PLO charter calling for Israel’s destruction..
- PLO/PA Ratification of the Oslo “declaration of principles”.
- Cancellation of the current PA curriculum.Rewrite one based on peace culture.
- Cessation of the dream of the “Right of Return” policy promoted by UNRWA and the PA.
- Termination of the PA “Murder Incentive Fund” program which pays those who kill Jews.
- Put an end to the PA support for Israel Apartheid Week and the BDS movement.
These are not reasonable requests?