Yigal Carmon, who served as the counter terrorism expert under Prime Ministers Shamir and Rabin, 1988-1993, and who now heads a prominent think tank in Jerusalem, testified at the U.S. House Committee on Foreign Affairs on July 6,2016 that the Palestinian Authority encouraging terrorism and, by using money granted by donor countries, including the US, the PA has made them complicit in encouraging terrorism as well.
- Carmon brought evidence that the 2016 PA budget allocates $172,534,733 for families of martyrs. Such fees are given to families of people from all the various Palestinian organizations that continue to commit acts of terrorism, constituting the deliberate encouragement of terrorism.
- For example, Hamas killers who perpetrated the August 9, 2001, attack on the Sbarro restaurant in Jerusalem that killed 15, including seven children, and the July 31, 2002, attack on the cafeteria of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem that killed nine, four of whom were U.S. citizens, receive these allowances.
- Thus, the PA is paying Hamas members who killed U.S. citizens and the funds for this come from donor countries, including the U.S.
- Mr. Carmon’s testimony can be found in the US Congressional Record:
- The full hearing can also be found there: