“To understand what is behind the current marches and riots in Gaza, “for the Right of Return by force of arms,” look no further than UNRWA operations in Gaza,” says David Bedein, Director of the Israel Resource News Agency and Center for Near East Policy Research, who has investigated and exposed the duplicity of UN-funded UNRWA for decades.
“80% of Gazans live in UNRWA refugee facilities, constantly brainwashed by the UNRWA premise and promise of the ‘right’ to return to Arab villages which existed before 1948, although almost none of them ever lived there nor did their forebears,” Bedein explains.
“UNRWA has been facilitating this so-called ‘return’ march on the Gaza border for nearly a decade. The scope of our investigations of UNRWA in Gaza(1) show that:
1. UNRWA allows the Hamas leadership to control the UNRWA workers union and the UNRWA teachers association, despite the fact that Hamas is defined by the US, Canada, the UK, the EU and Australia as a ‘terrorist entity.’ These four countries and the EU together provide 84% of the UNRWA budget. (2)
2. UNRWA uses the new school books of the Palestinian Authority which violate UN standards by indoctrinating their students to violence and to the destruction of a member state of the UN. UNRWA reasons that it uses the school books of the host country. Since Palestine does not exist, the host country is Israel- certainly that is so in Jerusalem. (3)
3. UNRWA allows El-kutla youth clubs, which orient UNRWA students to join Hamas, to operate on the UNRWA school premises
4.UNRWA has openly helped Hamas, most notably by allowing missiles to be stored in its educational facilities and transferring much of the food sent to aid Gazan residents to that terror organization.
5. UNRWA allows for no system of transparency or accountability. . This results in the widespread reports of wasted resources, duplicity of services and the undesired flow of cash to Gaza-based terror groups, which have gained control over UNRWA operations there for the past 18 years.
6. UNRWA does not allow for emigration from UNRWA facilities to other Arab Countries nor does UNRWA allow for transformation of UNRWA refugee camps into decent places for people to live.
The solution: Adopt a six pronged UNRWA Reform Initiative(4):