Model letter to send to ambassadors from UNRWA donor nations
(List to follow: precise list of ambassadors)
We are asking you, as a representative in the General Assembly of one of the ten donor nations which contribute the most money to UNRWA to consider to ensure that conditions of mandatory transparency become an integral part of UNRWA’s operations.
It is a foregone conclusion that the UN General Assembly will renew the UNRWA mandate this Friday, December 13, 2019, which will once again confine descendants of Arab refugees from the 1948 war to yet another three years of “temporary” refugee perpetuity.
The question remains: Will UNRWA donor nations insist on reasonable conditions for the UNRWA mandate renewal?
We are asking you, as a representative in the General Assembly of one of the ten donor nations which contribute the most money to UNRWA, to ensure conditions are imposed on UNRWA’s operations.
Here are several conditions we recommend:
- Cancel the new UNRWA curriculum which incorporates principles of Jihad, martyrdom and “right of return” by force of arms, in UN schools which are supposed to promote the UNRWA slogan of “Peace Starts Here.” The path to peace begins in the classroom – but not in these classrooms where Palestinian children are taught that they will occupy all the land from the Jordan River to the sea.
And what will become of the Jews? Please watch the movie at this link: https://vimeo.com/370467523 as children declare that all the Jews currently living in the state of Israel will be eliminated..
- Cease paramilitary training in all UNRWA schools UNRWA should demonstrate commitment to UN principles for “peace education”; the training of child soldiers is in flagrant violation of UN principles and international law.
- Insist that UNRWA dismiss employees affiliated with Hamas. In accordance with laws on the books in many Western nations, it is forbidden to provide aid to any agency that employs members of a terrorist organization.
- Fiscal Transparency– all donor funds that flow to UNRWA should be audited. Since the UN itself does not provide any funds, there is no internal audit going on.
This would address widespread documented reports of wasted resources, duplication of services and the undesired flow of cash to Gaza-based terror groups, which gained control over UNRWA operations in Gaza over the past 18 years.
- Introduce UNHCR (United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees) standards to UNRWA to advance the resettlement of Arab refugees, after 67 years. Current UNRWA policy is that refugee resettlement would interfere with the “right of return” to Arab villages that existed before 1948 and so no real attempt is made at resettlement. Further, according to UNRWA, refugee status is inherited and therefore Palestinian refugees now number about five million. The UNHCR does not endorse inherited status so all other refugees in the world are resettled with relative efficiency.
It is essential that such conditions be introduced in UNRWA’s ongoing operations, so that the next generation is not trained to revere violence, Jihad and martyrdom…all in the name of the “right of return” to villages which existed before 1948
Top donors to UNRWA to approach:
1 – Germany – Annual Donation: $177,439,447
German Ambassador to the UN: Christoph Heusgen
212-9400-460 212-940-0408, 646-912 -5029,
- UK -Annual Donation: $92,754,569
British Ambassador to the UN: Dame Karen Pierce
212-745-9370, 212-745-9316, 917-750-7241.
- Sweden– Annual Donation: $64,999,762
Swedish Ambassador to the UN
Olof.email@example.com (note: this email not confirmed)
- Japan Annual Donation- $44,999,224
Japanese Ambassador to the UN: H. E. Mr. Ishikane Kimihiro
Web site says email is: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Norway – Annual Donation: $36,278,753$
Norwegian Ambassador Mona Juul, likely email: email@example.com
- Switzerland– Annual Donation:$27,828,599
Swiss Ambassador to the UN: Jurg Lauber
Guess his email is firstname.lastname@example.org
And also use email@example.com
212-286-1540 ext 1144, 212-286-1555
- Canada Annual Donation: $27,828,599
Canadian Ambassador to the UN Marc-Andre Blanchard
- Italy– Annual Donation: $17,090,974
Italian Ambassador to the UN: Mariangela Zappia
- Australia Annual Donation: $ 16,017,103
Australian Ambassador to the UN: Mitch Fifield,
- Denmark Annual Donation: $14,475,903
Danish Ambassador: Martin Bille Herman