The Sept. 21 2023 session of the UNRWA Donors Conference coincided with the burial of six young people killed by a molotov cocktail that exploded in their hands, as they rushed the Gaza fence… in a “right of return” march led by counselors from UNRWA schools in Gaza.
The context; the UNRWA school curriculum”which imbues UNRWA children with the doctrine of the ‘”right of return by force of arms” to villages that existed before 1948,
The responsibility of the 67 UNRWA donor nations and 33 relief agencies that donate a whopping $1.6 billion to UNRWA each year could not be more clear.
Do the UNRWA donors not have a responsibility to step in and intervene when UNRWA educators do not mince words in the protection of children from violence?
After a summer in which armed operatives of terrorist organizations used UNRWA schools as a base of operations during UNRWA summer camp activity , would it not be appropriate for UNRWA donors to demand that UNRWA conduct an arms inspection of all UNRWA facilities?
Now that UNRWA has reinstated a text book for the 4th grade which lauds Dalal E Mugrabi, a terrorist who led an lethal attack on a civilian bus in 1978, which resulted in the murder for more than 30 Jews , including 13 children, should the UNRWA donors not demand that such a text be removed from a UNITED NATIONS curriculum?
- With vast amounts of funds handed to UNRWA food and medical supplies delivered in cash ,widespread reports allege that UNRWA donations wind up in the coffers of terror groups and organized crime, has the time not come for donors to demand fundamental oversight of cash delivered to UNRWA for genuine humanitarian needs? Professional reports of UNRWA, as they appear at UNRWA.org, make no mention whatsoever of the necessity to account for massive cash donations .
- Will UNRWA donors look into allegations that UNRWA medical and food supplies are sold on the open market?
- Last but nor least, will UNRWA donors look into the full curriculum used by UNRWA. which is based on the directives of the Palestinian Liberation Organization, not on the philosophy of the United Nations, which is dedicated to unwavering principles of peace, harmony and reconciliation
- In the words of the scholar Dr. Arnon Groiss, who has examined more than 1,000 texts of the PA used by UNRWA:
- Palestinian Authority schoolbooks used by UNRWA feature three fundamentals, each of which stands in sharp contrast to the values of the United Nations:
- Delegitimization of Israel’s existence and the Jews’ very presence in the country, which includes denial of their history and the existence of any Jewish holy places there.
- Demonization of both Israel and Jews, with implications regarding the Jews’ image in the eyes of children who hail from a traditional society.
- Incitement and the absence of a call for peace with Israel. Instead, there is a call for a violent struggle for the liberation of the whole country.