As the Bahrain conference winds down, nations that donate to UNRWA will convene at the UN on July 2nd, 2019 to raise funds for UNRWA
Early News Coverage of the event: https://tinyurl.com/yxdaxsu8
This conference will occur two months before the UNRWA mandate expires
Question remains: will the 67 donor nations which fund UNRWA agree to attach conditions consenant with UN values:
- Cancel the new UNRWA curriculum which incorporate principles of Jihad, martyrdom and an “right of return” by force of arms, in UN schools which are supposed to promote the UNRWA slogan of “Peace Starts Here.”
- Cease paramilitary training in all UNRWA schools UNRWA should demonstrate commitment to UN principles for “peace education”.
- Insist that UNRWA dismiss employees who are affiliated with Hamas in accordance with laws on the books in Western nations, which forbid aid to any agency that employs members of a terrorist organization.
- Insist that UNRWA cancel its contract with “youth ambassador” Mohammad Assaf to travel the world encouraging violence. Would this not be the appropriate time for donor nations to ask that UNRWA cancel that contract with a harbinger of war?
- Ask for an audit of donor funds that flow to UNRWA This would address widespread documented reports of wasted resources, duplicity of services and the undesired flow of cash to Gaza-based terror groups, which gained control over UNRWA operations in Gaza over the past 18 years.
- Introduce UNHCR standards to UNRWA to advance the resettlement of Arab refugees, after 67 years. Current UNRWA policy is that refugee resettlement would interfere with the “right of return” to Arab villages that existed before 1948.